*This is a super easy meal and a family favorite! Even picky eaters have liked this one! * Great meal to put together and freeze!
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs. pork chops (I use boneless, but you can use chops with bones – it’ll just be a tight fit)
- 12oz (can or box) cream of mushroom soup, condensed (I try to use organic to avoid MSG)
- 1 cup ketchup (again, organic to avoid HFCS)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- Throw everything into the CROCK POT!
- I stir the wet ingredients a bit to start, and again at some point in the cooking process
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork chops are fully cooked (or high for 4-6hrs.)
- Pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degree.
If you are short on time, this recipe can be made in a the oven at 375 degrees for 2 hours. I put it in a large casserole dish or a 9×13 pan. Be sure to mix the wet ingredients first in this case, and then pour over the pork chops.
If you are starting with frozen pork chops, you might want to lean toward the maximum time suggested for the crock pot (don’t use from frozen if using the oven).
This meal is a great freezer meal. I just put the raw pork chops in a large ziplock, mix the wet ingredients and dump it in. Squeeze it a bit to coat the chops. Be sure to double bag your concoction and label it with the name and instructions. I like to lay my frozen meals flat to save on space. To cook: pull it out of the freezer, thaw over night and put it in the crock pot in the morning.*This is a very healthy, easy meal, and a family favorite!
Goes Great With:
Serve this yummy recipe with rice (white or brown), a steamed veggie (broccoli, asparagus or fresh green beans) and a big green salad.
The sauce is so tasty you can actually get away with serving this over brown rice without many complaints.