This meal is incredibly delicious — & so easy!
- 4–6 Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 5+ Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (or more if you want an extra kick)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Handful of freshly chopped parsley
- Place 1-2 chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap (to keep the mess to a minimum). Using a mallet, flatten chicken to 3/4 – 1 in. thickness. This is especially therapeutic after long hard days. 😉
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper (I know it says to taste, but don’t taste yet — it is raw) 😉
- Mix dijon mustard, olive oil, and red pepper flakes.
- Spoon globs of the dijon mixture on one side of chicken breasts and spread around.
- Place chicken, dijon coated side down, on a hot grill or griddle and cook for about 5-8 minutes
- Before you flip the chicken, add remaining dijon mix to the tops.
- Cook on the other side until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken on a pretty serving plate and top with freshly chopped parsley.
- (Okay, now you can taste the chicken to see if it needs more salt or pepper)
Serve with yummy bread. One delicious tip is to toast the bread (or broil it carefully), drizzle with a bit of olive oil, rub a piece of cut garlic clove, THEN rub it on the griddle to soak up some of the delicious leftover yumminess on the bottom. Oh my! This is too good!
Goes great with a big green, leafy salad!