*This is a very healthy, easy meal, and a family favorite! It is also an easy, freezer meal.
- 1 lb. ground meat (turkey or beef)
- 1 12oz jar of salsa (chunky or whatever your favorite is)-I use a 16oz jar and it’s still good!
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained & rinsed (you could use black beans)
- 1 bag of shredded cheese
- Lettuce, torn apart for salad
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Optional: Avocado, extra salsa, olives, or sour cream for topping
- Ground meat until cooked through
- Add jar of salsa and the cans of corn and beans to the cooked meat.
- Cook until everything is hot, just a few minutes
- Turn heat off and crumble some chips into the mix and add some cheese
- Stir mixture; the chips will start to absorb some of the moisture
- Place lettuce in individual salad bowls
- Top lettuce with meat/bean mix, then toss some tomatoes and cheese and a few extra crumbled chips on each salad bowl
- You can add whatever other favorite taco toppings you would like — I like black olives & avocado!
I try to keep meat in the freezer and all the canned and jarred foods in the pantry. This meal is really easy to throw together.
If you want it to be a make-ahead or freezer meal, you simply pre-brown your meat. Let it cool, then put it in a ziplock with the jar of salsa, canned corn & kidney beans. I double ziplock it and put the bag of cheese in the outer ziplock (not in with the other ingredients). Just toss it in the freezer.
When you pull it out to thaw, just make sure you have lettuce, tomatoes, chips & avocados on hand and ready. All you have to do is warm it in a skillet, and you are good to go!
Goes Great With:
Chips, salsa, avocado slices or guacamole. Just top it with any of your favorite taco toppings.