This amazingly delicious meal is one of our family’s absolute favorite meals. It’s a great Sunday brunch meal. Just to warn you, you will probably want to make double. It is just that good.
- 2–3 lb. tri-tip or beef roast (I’ve used several different type of roasts — my new favorite way is using trip-tip)
- 2c. hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube (or 1 tsp. Better Than Bouillon Beef Base)
- 1 package dry onion soup
- 8 buns (I like Trader Joe’s Half-Baked Rolls)
- Salt & Pepper to taste!
- Place trip-tip or roast in crock pot. Mix water, beef base (bouillon), & dry soup mix together. Pour over the roast.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast and either slice meat or shred the meat with two forks.
- Serve meat in the buns with a small bowl of juices in the crockpot.
Sometimes we like a little extra dipping juice, so I just add a bit extra bouillon base and water. & don’t forget to add salt and pepper to the pot at the end. It makes the juice just perfect!
If the roast can fit in a ziplock, then put it in the large ziplock with add ingredients EXCEPT only 1c. water. Mix the liquid ingredients together first like the above directions indicate (be sure to add a little note to remind yourself to add the remaining cup of water once you are putting your meal in the crockpot). If the roast is too big or oddly shaped, then just stick a label on the roast and put other ingredients together in a smaller ziplock.
Goes Great With:
Your favorite veggies! We like to serve artichokes with this meal. Salads are also a great side with this meal.
Also, the dipping sauce does separate in the dish. You can use a spoon to stir it — or just dunk your sandwich to mix things up. 🙂