*This is a very healthy, easy meal, and a family favorite!
- 1 lb. ground beef beef (or turkey) – (I use organic, grass-fed beef)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (25-30oz) jar of marinara spaghetti sauce
- 3.5 cups of water
- 1 (16oz) package of frozen mixed veggies (I use Trader Joe’s Frozen Foursome)
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- *I blend these with my emersion blender to hide from kids
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tsp. Better Than Bouillon Beef (no MSG)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 (15oz) white kidney beans (or navy beans)
- Optional: Parmesan cheese
- Optional: Small noodles (like a small macaroni or whatever you like)
- Brown meat and onion together in a skillet until meat mostly browned, then drain.
- Transfer meat and onion into a CROCK POT!
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except the beans
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until veggies are tender.
- minutes before ready to serve, add beans to the stew to heat them up.
- * Top with parmesan cheese for extra flavor. You can even put this stew on top of some noodles if you’d like.
If you are short on time, this recipe can be made in a big pot on the stove. Just ground the beef with the onion, then toss the rest of the ingredients (minus the beans) into the pot. Cook on medium-high until almost boiling. Then reduce heat and cook for about 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
If you don’t have frozen veggies handy, then toss in a canned or fresh corn and green beans, frozen sweet peas, and chopped carrots.
As I mentioned above, I use my emersion blender to puree the tomatoes a bit. My kids don’t like lumps.
Goes Great With:
Yummy, crunchy bread and a big green salad.