*This is a very yummy, easy meal and a family favorite!
- Boneless Chicken Breasts (4-6)
- Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs (or make your own with Panko crumbs and Italian herbs)
- Mozzarella Cheese, fresh cut in slices or grated
- 1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Milk, just about 1/2 cup for dipping
- Noodles- whatever type you are in the mood for
- Optional: Zucchini, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Dip breasts in milk, then coat in crumbs.
- Brown chicken breasts in oil until brown (do not overcook).
- Place chicken close together in a casserole dish or a 9×13 pan, then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Pour spaghetti sauce all over.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
You can slice zucchini and place it on chicken or mozzarella before pouring the sauce on, then bake it according to directions.
I have been lazy and simply coated the chicken, and skipped the browning phase, and just baked them. You may need to add more cook time though. Not as good this way, but less pans used.
I often cut my chicken breasts in half before making this. It seems to make more realistic serving sizes for the bulk of the family.
Very yummy & very easy (even if you brown them).
Goes Great With:
Serve over pasta or on the side. I’ve even had this with Rice ‘A Roni. Don’t forget the yummy, crunchy bread and a big green salad. Zucchini can even be served on the side, if you like.