This is an easy, delicious meal that your whole family will love (even the picky eaters)!
- 4–6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or whatever piece of chicken you like)
- 8 oz. French Dressing (Annie’s Naturals Organic is my favorite)
- 1 small (8oz) can of cranberry sauce (whole or jellied)
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup (try to get organic-see notes below)
- ￼Fresh sliced mushroom (optional-we usually skip this part)
- Mix all the ingredients together well (minus the mushrooms).
* You can marinade the chicken in this mix overnight (recommended, but I’ve never done it)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish and pour marinade over it. Add sliced mushrooms to the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is fully cooked.
Slow Cooker Version:
- Place chicken in a crockpot and then pour the marinade over it.
- Cook on high for 4 hrs. or low for 7-8hrs.
* ￼Either way, works great!
* I buy my onion soup mix at a whole foods type of store to avoid the normal MSG that is added to the package with the popular brands. I get Annie’s Naturals Organic French Dressing there as well. It’s an 8 oz. bottle. This one doesn’t have the normal high fructose corn syrup that other grocery store brands may have. This is all my attempt to try to talk myself into thinking this can be a healthy meal.
* I usually get the normal size can of cranberry sauce (15oz) and just use half. We’ve used both jellied and whole and they are both great.
* I just started making this recipe in the crockpot instead of the oven for convenience. I find the chicken is extra tender when I make it in the crockpot. Either way, this is a great meal to throw together easily. I try to keep extra ingredients in the pantry so I can make it anytime. The kids love it!!
* I sometimes make double the marinade in order to use the whole can of cranberries. I just split the marinade in half and place unused in a ziplock and freeze!
Goes Great With:
Goes great with rice and whatever type of veggies or salad you’d like. This meal is so tasty that you can serve it with brown rice and your kids won’t notice.
4-6 (depending on how much chicken is added)