MOM HACKS FOR SICK KIDS
As a family with five kids we get a lot of colds here and there. We'll go long stretches with nothing…and then BAM! We get hit with something…and we share it all around and around.
It throws everything off. It messes with our schedule. It messes with our homeschool. Everything.
I did this video to share about a few of the products I use and thing I do when we have sick kids in the house. I hope you like all the “mom hacks” I share in it. From what we do in our homeschool to a few tips on how I keep track of medications — and more. I hope it helps you the next time you have sick kids.
Here are the links from the video:
- Vitamin C: I LOVE this vitamin C powder!! We swear by it.
- Elderberry Syrup
- Yum-Yums (& other for older kids)
- Garden of Life Primal Defense probiotics
- Lemon water
- Throat Coat tea
- Peppermint tea with local, organic honey
- All natural cough drops or throat lozenges : OnGuard and Ricola
- Lysol Wipes
- Lysol spray
*Jonathan Park Audio Adventures (More HERE!)
*We rent and filter our movies from VidAngel (More HERE!)
My favorite essential oils when we are sick:
I put oils on my kids' feet, chests, and necks. Some oils are a bit strong for kids, so be sure to dilute them using a good carrier oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil. (I use rollers that are pre-diluted.)
- OnGuard (Feet and gel tabs)
- Frankincense (I love the smell of Frankincense, so I put this on their necks and chests)
- Oregano (Feet)
- Breathe (Chest)
- Melaleuca (Feet)
- Lavender (Neck or chest) I add this relaxing oil to help with with sleep.
*Personally, I love doTERRA oils. It took me a while to really figure out how to best use essential oils. I'm a huge fan now. I share more about them (and how to order) HERE.
My crazy tea: This is the tea I drink when I'm starting to feel something coming on. Figured I'd share it here, too.
- Lemon or orange herbal tea (really any of your favorite herbal teas would be fine)
- 2 drops OnGuard
- 2 drops Frankincense
- 4-5 drops on Lemon or Wild Orange
- Big spoonful of local honey
My Orange Julius Protein Smoothie:
- 1 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 1/3 of a can of orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- milk to fill the blender (more or less)
- 1 tsp+ Stevia powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- More ice if needed
Blend it all together. I use a Vitamix for mine. It should be nice and frothy…and delicious!! Enjoy!!
NEW TO RAISING CLOVERS?
I hope you’ll join my Raising Clovers community. As I mentioned in the video, I give away my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, for FREE to my subscribers. So, hope to connect with you soon and get that book into your “hands.” (It's digital)
Blessings and joy,