You are going to love me and want to be my best friend after you try this recipe! It is just that good! This is my “go-to recipe” when I'm having guests over. & it's one of my most requested recipes.
Are you ready? I'm telling you, you are going to love it — & then me! Yay!
What is great about this amazing side dish is that you can add chicken or beef to it and make it your main course. We typically pair it with grilled meat. It's very refreshing and delicious.
So, try it this week & let me know what you think!Print
This amazing dish is a crowd pleaser. You are going to love it! It is my most asked for recipe!
- 1 1/2c. orzo
- 3 Tb. olive oil
- 1 Tb. balsamic vinegar (plus more for taste)
- 3c. arugula, coarsely chopped
- 6 Tb. fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 6 Tb. pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (more to taste)
- Optional: Add several tomatoes, seeded and peeled.
- Cook orzo in salted water until al dente
- Drain well and transfer to serving bowl.
- Toss with oil and 1/2tsp. vinegar and cool to room temp.
- Toast pine nuts and cool.
- When ready to serve, stir in arugula, basil, pine nuts and additional vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
Be sure to let it cool to room temp before adding in the basil and arugula. Otherwise, you'll have wilted leaves.
This is a recipe you have to make to taste. I usually add extra vinegar, salt & pepper. (I just don't always pay attention to how much)
This side dish goes great with meal. We usually serve it when we are grilling. But know that you can add meat to it to make it a main dish!