Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
Episode #34 with Jess Connolly
Welcome to a very special November!
We have such a great line up for you this November! We are calling it “A November to Remember” — we have 8 episodes coming up for you — and 8 amazing giveaways all from our wonderful sponsor for this month: DAYSPRING!
Be sure to listen to Jess's episode! But don't forget to get signed-up for our 1st giveaway of the month:
… Okay! Now onto this week's encouraging episode!
The Balance Between Pursuing Holiness and Resting in Grace
I’m super excited to have Jess Connolly on the show this week! She has a new book out, Dance Stand Run, but you may know her from her last great book that she co-authored called Wild and Free. When I first heard the title of Jess's new book, I wasn’t sure what to expect — but, WOW! was I was blown away! She talks about the balance of pursuing holiness and resting in grace. It is such an important message for us today. It’s so easy to not give ourselves enough grace when we mess up. Yet, on the flip side, we can also almost abuse grace and not learn (and change) from our mistakes. Jess so beautifully encourages us on how to dance in the grace that we’ve been given, how to stand in our holiness, and how to run on the mission that God calls us too.
I was just so thrilled to talk to Jess about her new book, and I cannot wait for you to listen in. I hope you will be so encouraged!
On a “Simply Joyful” side note…
Jess says she's a big believer in creating quiet in her life. Be sure to listen in to hear more on this.
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
In This Episode
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” (below) or share the images below on social media.
Highlights from the Show . . .
- Jess shares about being a church planting family, as well as a small business owner in South Carolina.
- She made me laugh when we talked about her being about being an introvert (she’s a self-proclaimed “fake” extrovert)
- I ask Jess to share a little bit more about her new book, Dance, Stand, Run. She talked about our need to pursue more than just grace.
The wild and free girls are the holiness girls. —Jess Connolly
This book came about from praying “What part do I have in this?” —Jess Connolly
I was hiding my holiness and forgetting about it. —Jess Connolly
- Jess breaks down the meaning behind the title of Dance, Stand, Run.
Dancing in Grace. Standing on holy ground . Running on holy mission. —Jess Connolly
- Jess talks about the unique accountability that she had for each chapter of her book. (I've never seen a book that has this.)
- In the book, Jess explains what Christian’s are “freed to.” She then goes into detail about what she meant by that.
Women are feeling the need to strive more than ever. — Jess Connolly
Why are we so hesitant to embrace grace? — Jess Connolly
We are meant to walk in His holiness. —Kristi Clover
- I ask Jess to share a little about how to find the balance between grace and holiness.
It’s not 50/50 — it’s 100/100. —Jess Connolly
Stop swinging from grace to truth and just be in both. —Jess Connolly
- We’ve all heard the statement “not of this world.” Jess shares some practical ways that we can actually live that out in our day-to-day life.
- Jess gives tips on getting in the Word.
Try it, you’ll like it. —Jess Connolly
It’s just worth it. —Jess Connolly
Talk to Him at every point in your day. —Jess Connolly
- Jess shares a little bit about how holiness and mission come together.
If we stop at holiness, we just are separate from everyone. —Jess Connolly
Mission means making disciples. Bringing people with you as you are on your way to meet Jesus. —Jess Connolly
- Jess shares the “BLESS” model (I LOVE this concept!)
Other episodes mentioned:
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Jess Connolly…
Jess Connolly is a gal who wants to leave her world more in awe of God than she found it. She’s the founder of All Good Things Collective, the co-founder of The Influence Network, and she is passionate about using her words to point women to Jesus through writing and speaking. She is the author of Dance, Stand, Run (October 2017) and the coauthor of the bestseller Wild and Free (May 2016). She and her husband planted Gospel Community, a church in Charleston, SC where they live with their four wild kids and their sweet dog.
Connect with Kristi…
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast! My prayer is always that you will be blessed and encouraged by each episode.
Blessings and joy,