Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
Episode #35 with Chelsea Crockett
Welcome to a very special November!
We have such a great line up for you this November! We are calling it “A November to Remember” — we have 8 episodes coming up for you — and 8 amazing giveaways all from our wonderful sponsor for this month: DAYSPRING!
Be sure to listen to Chelsea's episode! But don't forget to get signed-up for our 2nd giveaway of the month:
… Okay! Now onto this week's encouraging episode!
Standing Firm in Your Faith Despite Opposition
I’m super excited to introduce my special guest today—Chelsea Crockett. You may not be familiar with Chelsea Crockett, but your daughter may be! She is a YouTube superstar. She has over 1.5 million fans on YouTube. That is spectacular, and she is a big-time Christian influencer. I am so excited about her new book, Your Own Beautiful. In fact, Sadie Robertson, who has a line at Dayspring (our November to Remember sponsor), wrote the forward!
Chelsea was such a delight to talk to! Talk about a new generation of Christian women standing up for their faith! I don’t know if you are familiar with social media, but YouTube does not have great filters, and there are horrible comments that come up. Chelsea has done a remarkable job dealing with opposition as she shares her faith very publically on YouTube. We get into that more in the podcast.
We’ve had guests on the show in the past who have talked about raising strong men, but I wanted to make sure we also talk about raising strong women. I know you are going to enjoy her fresh perspective.
Your Own Beautiful is a book that if you have a young woman in your life—daughter, niece, or even just a close friend's daughter—you’ll want to get it in their hands. It is such a great encouragement for them, and Chelsea is a great role model! I was even encouraged by the book! I hope you will check it out!
It was so much fun chatting with Chelsea—I hope you'll share this episode with your friends who are raising daughters! I hope you (and they) will be so encouraged!
On a “Simply Joyful” side note…
Chelsea says she loves to make lists. She makes a list every day, and then she prioritizes her list. She also uses Siri on her iPhone for reminders. Be sure to listen in to hear more on this.
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
In This Episode
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” (below) or share the images below on social media.
Highlights from the Show . . .
- Chelsea shares how she has grown up on YouTube, publishing videos since she was thirteen. She also talks about how involved her family is with her channel—and the ins-and-outs of having a YouTube channel.
- Being online, Chelsea deals with a lot of negativity. Chelsea chats about when she started sharing more about her faith on her channel, the negativity seemed to be pop up more often.
Why do people take the time out of their day to be negative? —Chelsea Crockett
- I ask Chelsea what advice she would give to parents who have kids that are dealing with rejection.
Be there. Don't avoid the situation. —Chelsea Crockett
- I asked Chelsea to share about how growing up online has affected her.
I had a normal life. —Chelsea Crockett
- Chelsea shares about how writing Your Own Beautiful came about.
We're all trying to convey a message to the world. —Chelsea Crockett
- Chelsea explains a little more about the chapter in her book that talks about “living for something bigger”
Outward beauty has it's place, but beauty that emanates from within makes a lasting impression on others.
—Your Own Beautiful
- Chelsea gives her advice for women to let their natural beauty shine through from the inside out.
- Chelsea chats on her stance on modesty.
- Chelsea shares how parents can encourage their young girls with guidelines and boundaries to protect their daughters and help them stay true to what the Bible talks about regarding purity.
Anytime you can get friends involved, even if you don't want to, get them involved. —Chelsea Crockett
- Chelsea tells about other women in her generation, such as Sadie Robertson and Natasha Bure, who she's friends with and how they encourage one another.
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Chelsea Crockett…
Social media sensation Chelsea Crockett made her debut on YouTube as BeautyLiciousInsider in 2011, and has since gone on to become a role model for millions of teens around the globe. Her channel features makeup tutorials, life advice videos, and everything in between, including messages about Chelsea’s faith. Chelsea has appeared in Seventeen, Teen Vogue, and Trend Magazine, among others, and her website, ChelseaCrockett.com, is home to thousands of beauty, fashion, lifestyle, and advice posts. Chelsea’s greatest passion is connecting with her fans and subscribers and using her voice to make a positive impact on viewers across the world.
Connect with Kristi…
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast! My prayer is always that you will be blessed and encouraged by each episode.
Blessings and joy,