Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
Episode #36 with Josh & Lindsey Helms
Welcome to a very special November!
We have such a great line up for you this November! We are calling it “A November to Remember” — we have 8 episodes coming up for you — and 8 amazing giveaways all from our wonderful sponsor for this month: DAYSPRING!
Be sure to listen to Josh & Lindsey's episode! — but don't forget to get signed-up for our 3rd giveaway of the month:
… Okay! Now onto this week's encouraging episode!
A Christian Twist on a Fun Christmas Tradition
Today you’re in for a treat. We’re going to be chatting with the creators of Shepherd on the Search—Josh and Lindsey Helms! We talk all about changing up some Christmas traditions to bring in more of our faith.
Shepherd on the Search is a Christian alternative to the Elf on the Shelf. It’s perfect for helping our kids connect with the real meaning of Christmas. What’s super fun about this week’s episode is that since we're chatting with the creators of the Shepherd — we get to hear all the fun ways that they have used their cute little Shepherd over the years.
What I love about the Helms’ story is they were just two young parents that were looking for a way to teach their kids about Christ and Christmas and they developed this cool product. You are going to giggle at how much the Helms are excited about their cute Shepherd. I just can't imagine having an idea for a product and then seeing it in stores everywhere. So cool!!
It was so much fun to get to virtually meet Josh and Lindsey and I know that you are just going to love them and this episode!
On a “Simply Joyful” side note…
Lindsey says she likes simplifying by just turning everything off. All the noise. All the distractions. Everything.
Josh says he likes the power of the word “no” for simplifying. Say “no” and focus on what really matters.
'Turn everything off. All the noise. All the distractions.' Hear more from the creators of Shepherd on the Search on The Simply Joyful PodcastClick To Tweet
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
In This Episode
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” (below) or share the images below on social media.
Highlights from the Show . . .
- Josh and Lindsey share about their family, and the inspiration behind Shepherd on the Search.
Home is important. — Josh Helms
We wanted to celebrate Jesus. — Lindsey Helms
- Josh and Lindsey explain what Shepherd on the Search is, and how to use it along with the nativity scene that's included with the kit.
- Josh mentions how his family read Luke Chapter 2 every Christmas.
- Josh and Lindsey share a little about the similarities and difference between Elf on the Shelf and Shepherd on the Search.
Shepherd on the Search is a product of what we want our children to remember about Christmas. —Lindsey Helms
Make the most of the time and making memories now, but point it to Jesus. —Lindsey HelmsClick To Tweet
It's not a replacement. It's a real story. —Lindsey Helms
- Lindsey shares some fun ideas that their family has done with Shepherd on the Search, and some fun things Dayspring has in store this year.
I didn't want it to be something that the kids wake up, find the Shepherd, and they are done. —Lindsey Helms
This keeps the focus on Jesus all the way through. —Lindsey Helms
We wanted to celebrate the fun, but keep the faith the focus. —Lindsey Helms
- Josh Helms chats a little about the distractions that kids have in today's world.
- Josh, Lindsey & Kristi all share some of their other fun Christmas traditions.
- Josh shares how they bring joy into the Christmas season in their family.
We hope the Shepherd brings joy into your family's Christmas season. When the Shepherd comes each year, we have a little party with the family to get excitement and joy going for the season. —Josh Helms
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Josh and Lindsey Helms…
Josh and Lindsey Helms live in Nashville, Tennessee, with their young son and daughter. They created the The Shepherd on the Search Advent Activity Set to help families, like their own, keep kids excited about the Christmas season while focusing on the birth of our Lord and Savior.
Connect with Kristi…
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast! My prayer is always that you will be blessed and encouraged by each episode.
Blessings and joy,