Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
Episode #37 with Candace Payne
Welcome to a very special November!
We have such a great line up for you this November! We are calling it “A November to Remember” — we have 8 episodes coming up for you — and 8 amazing giveaways all from our wonderful sponsor for this month: DAYSPRING!
Be sure to listen to Candace's episode! — but don't forget to get signed-up for our 4th giveaway of the month:
* Be sure to check out “Kristi's Favorites” page over on Dayspring! Such fun!
Okay! Now onto this week's encouraging episode!…
Embracing Life with Defiant Joy
— with my special guest Candace Payne
We are kicking off our week of awesomeness with a very special guest. Known to most people as the “Chewbacca mom,” I have Candace Payne on the show today! If you have been on any social media at any point, you've probably seen the viral video on Facebook Live of her trying on a Chewbacca mask. Her laughter was contagious, and it took the world by storm.
Candace's video is so great because it's a mom who was having a fun little moment and laughs hysterically. Have you ever had one of those moments where you just can't stop yourself from laughing? What's fun is she has a new book out called Laugh it Up. There is so much more to Candace than just a Chewbacca mask. She is the real deal and such a joy. Her book is all about embracing freedom and experiencing defiant joy.
I can't wait to have you listen in to my conversation with Candace.
A “Simply Joyful” tip from Candace…
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
Highlights from the Show. . .
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” or share the images below on social media.
- How a prayer, returning yoga pants, laughing over a silly mask — and an insane, super viral video changed her life.
- Here's the link to see Candace's contagious laughter that started it all: HER VIRAL FACEBOOK VIDEO
- The Tim Hawkins video that I love about yoga pants!
- The importance of not putting God in a box.
- Candace's new book, Laugh it Up and how she defines defiant joy
- Candace's “perfect man” as defined in 90s terms — this made me laugh so hard!
- Joy's frienemy — COMPARISON! — and why she calls it a “frienemy.”
- Here's a link to the song Trust & Obey that made Candace and I get goosebumps as we realized the words fit so perfectly into our conversation: #GodMoment
- The artwork throughout the book is hers! Amazing!
- The new Companion Guide that is coming out with her book and all the “fun work” challenges she has. Who would want homework when you can do “fun work!”
- A new project with DaySpring involving her artwork from the book.
- How Candace is managing the new demands of juggling being a work-at-home mom now.
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Candace Payne…
Candace Payne is a viral sensation whose Facebook Live video of trying on a Chewbacca Mask became the most-viewed Facebook Live video to date (165+ million views). She has been featured in more than 3,000 media outlets and has interviewed with major media such as “Good Morning America,” “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” The New York Times, PEOPLE and Cosmopolitan. Candace recently launched a video series with TLCme and her first book will release in the fall of 2017. Candace lives in Texas with her husband, two children, and ornery pug.
Connect with Kristi…
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast! My prayer is always that you will be blessed and encouraged by each episode.
Blessings and joy,