Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
Episode #39 with Heidi St. John
Welcome to a very special November!
We have such a great line up for you this November! We are calling it “A November to Remember” — we have 8 episodes coming up for you — and 8 amazing giveaways all from our wonderful sponsor for this month: DAYSPRING!
Be sure to listen to Heidi's episode! — but don't forget to get signed-up for our 6th giveaway of the month:
* Be sure to check out “Kristi's Favorites” page over on Dayspring! Such fun!
Okay! Now onto this week's encouraging episode!…
The Importance of Leaning on God to Become MomStrong
— with my special guest Heidi St John
I always love the opportunity to talk with Heidi St. John. She is so encouraging and inspirational…and downright funny! She has a knack for helping moms to see that the messiness of motherhood is NORMAL! We're not alone. Sometimes we forget to find the humor in the hard days.
I'm really excited about Heidi's new book, Becoming Mom Strong: How to Fight with All That's in You for Your Family and Your Faith! This book is not only laced with her humor and wit, but the stories she shares are so real. I laughed my way through this book—because it's real life. Mom life is often filled with so many hilarious moments. (If you can't laugh at it, you'll just end up crying in the corner).
It is crazy to think about what our kids are going up against these days in this culture. Heidi’s new book is a challenge to moms to rise up and be strong their faith — to be strong in their example to their kids and embrace motherhood.
I can't wait to have you listen in to my conversation with Heidi.
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
Highlights from the Show. . .
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” or share the images below on social media.
- Heidi shares about how it was just an accident starting The Busy Mom Blog and how it turned into a book.
- Jay and Heidi started an amazing ministry, called Firmly Planted Family.
- Originally, Heidi's blog and writing had been primarily for homeschool moms. Over the years, she's transitioned to encouraging all moms. She talks more about this on the show.
- MomStrong International is the new Bible study focused ministry that has sprung up from Heidi's new book. It was so exciting to hear about how widespread it already is. Be sure to check it out in your area.
- #MomFail — Heidi and I talk about the common tendency we have as moms to label ourselves as bad moms. We beat ourselves up too often and constantly feel like we're failing.
- The heart of MomStrong is that moms need a special kind of strength. Heidi digs a little deeper into what the meaning behind this is.
- Jeremiah 17:8 is a favorite passage of mine and Heidi. It's all about how our fruitfulness and blessings starts by being intentional to trust the Lord and be in His Word (His Living Water).
- I'd heard Heidi talk about how she feels we are living in a biblically illiterate generation, and I asked her to share what she meant by this — and how we can combat it.
- Heidi shares her “battle plan” on how to not become a weakened warrior and to not live in fear.
- We don't have to be perfect parents. Our goal should not be to become a “pedestal parent.”
- I wanted to make sure you had the links to my last interview with Heidi, which I broke into two parts: Episodes six and seven.
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Heidi St John…
Heidi St John is a mother, a grandmother, and a wife of 25 years. She is a popular conference speaker, radio personality, author and blogger whose message of returning to God’s Word and embracing our ministry as mothers has resonated with several hundred thousand followers in social media, through books, and radio appearances. Her refreshingly transparent, vulnerable style allows her readers to identify with her and invites them to join as fellow pilgrims on a journey rather than idolizing the author as someone who has “arrived”. Her calendar regularly has her speaking across the United States over twenty times in front of audiences as large as 20,000. Heidi lives in Battle Ground, Washington with her husband and five of their seven children ranging from age kindergarten to adulthood. When she’s not writing, traveling or speaking she loves to spend time with her grandchildren.
Connect with Kristi…
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast! My prayer is always that you will be blessed and encouraged by each episode.
Blessings and joy,