Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
Episode #41 with Ainsley Earhardt
Welcome to a very special November!
We have such a great line up for you this November! We are calling it “A November to Remember” — we have 8 episodes coming up for you — and 8 amazing giveaways all from our wonderful sponsor for this month: DAYSPRING!
Be sure to listen to Ainsley's episode! — but don't forget to get signed-up for our LAST giveaway of the month:
* Be sure to check out “Kristi's Favorites” page over on Dayspring! Such fun!
Okay! Now onto this week's encouraging episode!…
Experiencing Joy Through the Eyes of Our Children
— with my special guest Ainsley Earhardt
Our guest today is none other than Ainsley Earhardt. I've been following Ainsley's career for a while now. She's a journalist and the co-host of Fox and Friends on the National Fox News Network. I remember watching Ainsley years ago when she was still very new to Fox News. One thing that I always remembered and that stood out to me was that she was so genuine. I am so thrilled to have her on the podcast today! She has quite a God-story that I cannot wait for you to hear.
Ainsley shares the story about her journey into motherhood. The majority of my listeners are moms and everyone will probably agree that motherhood is not always easy. But many of us tend to forget that the journey into motherhood can be equally as difficult.
I can't wait for you to listen in to my conversation with Ainsley and hear the story behind her new book Through Your Eyes
A “Simply Joyful” tip from Ainsley…
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
Highlights from the Show. . .
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” or share the images below on social media.
- I told Ainsley that I've always loved the name “Ainsley.” She shares that it's actually a family name.
- Being the morning anchor on Fox News, she has to get up ridiculously early for her morning show! But the commute is easy that early…even in New York.
- It was fun to learn about what a typical morning looks like for her — way earlier than I'm ever up! Ha! It was great to learn all about her morning routine for preparing for the morning show. I will say that she had me at the fact that someone else does her hair and make-up.
- I asked Ainsley to share about how it is being a Christian in a field that is typically so hostile to Christianity. She talked about John 16:33.
- I also really enjoyed hearing about how God has opened so many doors for Ainsley through the years. I love that she fully understands the amazing opportunity that God has given her to be used by Him on such a national level. It's pretty incredible. She's not shy about her faith.
- Like so many of us, Ainsley tried to have a plan when it came to having a baby.
- We talked about her miscarriage and how she learned to trust God through the heartache.
- While pregnant with Hayden, Ainsley wrote her first book, Take Heart My Child. The story behind how it came about was so sweet — and a great tribute to her dad.
- Ainsley's new children's book is so sweet, Through Your Eyes
- We had fun talking about how often we are surprised by our children's delights. Even the mundane to us is fascinating to them.
- It's easy for me to turn off the news when tragic stories come on. Yet, it's Ainsley's job to report on them. She shares about how she deals with overwhelming news — and how her Fox and Friends morning show tries to keep their news segments family friendly since they know many people have the TV in the morning with kids in the room.
- I couldn't end our time together without asking Ainsley about who her favorite people have been to interview. It was cute hearing her reaction to interviewing Garth Brooks.
The blog posts that I mentioned in this episode, and the charity that Ainsley gives a portion of the processes of her book to:
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Ainsley Earhardt…
Ainsley Earhardt is a journalist who is the co-host of FOX and Friends. Earhardt is an anchor and correspondent for the Fox News Channel and Earhardt also reports for FOX’s The Sean Hannity Show with her own segment called “Ainsley Across America.” She was the former co-host for Fox & Friends First and has also co-hosted FOX and Friends Weekend, FOX’s All-American New Year’s Eve, America’s News Headquarters, been a panelist on The Live Desk and appeared on Greg Gutfeld’s Red Eye.
Connect with Kristi…
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast! My prayer is always that you will be blessed and encouraged by each episode.
Blessings and joy,