Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
Episode #46 with Kat Lee
This Week's Encouraging Episode with Kat!
How to Create a Better Morning Routine!
Mornings! We love them when they go great. We hate them when they run away from us. A good morning really can make all the difference to your day. I know my list of all I want to accomplish each morning can so easily get away from me. Well, if you relate at all to that, then you are going to love all that Kat Lee shares with us today on the podcast.
I have wanted to have Kat as a guest on the podcast since Heather MacFadyen told me about her morning routines last season. When Kat sent me her book, Hello Mornings, I got a little giddy reading it. I'm a total habit-forming, goal-setting nerd. I am. I'll admit it. She had me at the “3 minute morning routine” that she outlines in the first few pages.
I had such a great time talking with Kat about this amazing, stress-free morning routine and why mornings matter. When I was prepping for this episode, I watched her interviewed on Hallmark Home & Family. One thing that stood out to me was a statement that she made on the show and in the book, about what motivated her to make changes to her own morning routine came from realizing that she wanted to wake up for her life and not just to her life. Talk about a reality of motherhood. We are so often woken up by early morning, surprise wake up calls from our kids. It can leave us feeling behind in our day right from the get-go.
Oh, and yes, I totally asked her about her best tips for getting morning habits to stick. Wow! She has some incredible advice about habit forming.
Plus, she shares her amazing God story about how her morning routines, stepping out in faith and watching what God brought together united her with her long-lost family. It will make you cry. Happy tears, I promise. It's so touching.
This episode is SO good! I really can't wait for you to listen to it. You are going to LOVE Kat and our conversation!
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
Highlights from the Show
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” (below) or share the images below on social media.
- Mornings are such a passion for me! Kat shares a little about her life and Hello Mornings — the book and community. She also mentions her second podcast Inspired to Action — a podcast all for moms! It’s on hiatus right now, but go over and listen to all the great past episodes! You will be so encouraged.
- Kat chats about hosting a podcast with Heather MacFayden, how they got connected, and how the podcast was born. (Heather now hosts the God Centered Mom podcast — another great podcast for moms to listen to for encouragement!!)
- We chat about Kat’s new book, Hello Mornings. Kat shares how she’s never considered herself a writer, but she loves encouraging people — and decided to write the book in order to encourage the maximum amount of people! (Thanks, Kat!)
- Kat talks about “schmoozle” — a number she made up for her book. I giggled because she tells the technical term. . .which I’d never be able to remember it! I like “schmoozle” so much better!
- In the beginning of Hello Mornings, Kat actually breaks down the morning routine into three practical steps. Kat breaks down this process and shares her thoughts about it. The best part about these three starter steps is that you can do them in bed before you even get up. You can do them when you’re sick, you can do them when you have no time because you can do them in the shower when you’re getting ready for your day. Amazing!
- One of my favorite things that Kat shares is about waking up for your life instead of simply waking up to your life. As moms and dads, that’s real life! There is so much of life that happens and throws up off, and I love the intentionally of saying that you're going to wake up for your life.
- Kat explains why mornings are uniquely special in that way.
- Chapter One…Oh my goodness…I cried while reading Kat’s God story in the first chapter of her book — and that she shares on this episode (spoiler: I totally got choked-up on the podcast while she was telling her God story here, too!)
- Kat shares her best tips for getting your morning routines to stick — guys, these are gold! You defiantly want to hear Kat’s tips!
Oh I just love the tips Kat Lee shares for bringing fun and joy to family time! Her number one? Be spontaneous! I love the idea of a pajama run! Click To Tweet
I love Kat Lee's 1/2 birthday tradition! I can not wait to implement 'Hap-Bir' into our family traditions! So fun! Click To Tweet
Also Mentioned in this Episode:
- I referred back to my podcast episode with Heather MacFadyen: Learning How to Remain a God-Centered Mom
- I have a new YouTube Video out all about how to get back on track with your goals!
- Don't miss out on the fun stuff we have going on on the Simply Joyful Membership site! There are lots of fun things coming up — including a brand new exclusive episode!
- I forgot to mention that I have a Weight Loss Coaching program! Ha! Losing weight is typically the #1 New Year's goal…and I forgot to mention it. Well, hopefully, you'll see this! You can see more about my Optavia program HERE (I give away a free eBook on weight loss).
- I also mention about my morning routine printable! You can get it FREE (along with a ton of other free goodies) when you sign up for my mailing list HERE (if you're already signed up for my mailing list, you can access all the fun goodies by clicking the link at the bottom of any e-mail I send!)
- Guys, I'm absolutely loving Jon Acuff's Finish — I'm listening to it on audiobook and I really can't get enough!
- Did you know there is a Hello Morning community? You can join the community HERE—it’s a great place for encouragement for walking through the journey with someone and not all by yourself. The 3-minute morning routines aren’t difficult, but it’s so much more fun knowing there are others on the journey with you!
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Kat Lee…
Kat Lee is passionate about teaching others how to jumpstart each day with a grace-filled, life-giving morning routine. She is a writer, speaker, podcaster, and founder of HelloMornings.org. She and her husband, Jimmy, live in Waco, Texas with their three children.
Connect with Kristi…
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast! My prayer is always that you will be blessed and encouraged by each episode.
Blessings and joy,