Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
Episode #50 with Me! (Kristi Clover)
This Week's Encouraging Episode!
Productivity Hacks for Busy Moms
Happy 50th Episode!
I don't know about you, but my family has been watching the Olympics a lot this week. There is something so special about watching people pursuing their dreams. But here's the truth…I’m a blubbering mess watching the Olympics. I cry as each Olympian competes in an event that I know they’ve been training for most of their lives. I don’t even really care which country they are from. Throw in a compelling backstory and my tears are forming before they even start their performance.
It got me thinking about my own race. This life race that I’ve been blessed and honored to run. I guess I don't always think about it like that most of the time. Watching these athletes give their all in competition and knowing the discipline that it takes to even get to that level of sports is amazing.
It's motivated me to reassess what we are allowing on our plate. So, I'm sharing about how I do things a little differently than others — and some of my productivity hacks. I hope you enjoy it!
To celebrate our 50th episode, we have a new look for the podcast!
I love the new art for the podcast! It's simple…and makes me joyful.
Highlights from the Show
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” (below) or share the images below on social media.
- Here are a few verses that I refer to about the “race” we are running: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27, 2 Timothy 4:7, and Hebrews 12:1.
- The battle many of us face is busyness — and the battle for balance!
- I share a bit about the crazy few months that we've had and how it's meant that lots of things got moved to my plate this month.
- Date nights are priceless. Time to get away and process all the things going on in our family is so important. I love getting time alone with Steve. We're not always consistent, but we need to be.
- Our approach to re-balancing things going on in our lives is to take everything off our plate — and then put back what is most important. We slowly evaluate what we think should stay, change, or not go back on.
- I mentioned that one thing I had to do was to postpone the launch of my Meal Planning Made Easy course. It breaks my heart not to give that project time. However, it didn't fit on the plate for this month.
- After tons of emails and messages asking about how I've built various aspects of my business, I finally added a business section to my site: Simply Joyful Business! I'm adding resources to it over time. Right now I'm mainly sharing about how I used B-School to grow my business.
- One of the fun freebies I created for my Simply Joyful Business friends was a “Productivity Hack” tip sheet for Entrepreneurs. I realized that many of the tips on there can be applied for moms, too. So, I created one for moms here. You can get your copies below.
- I am obsessed with Jeremiah 17! I have so much fun dissecting it. One of the “hacks” I mention involves this verse.
- I love whiteboards! I use them for my brain dumps. I can't wait for you to listen to my episode with Emily Ley next week to hear how she uses poster boards.
- I mentioned my Sanity Savers for Moms book a few times on this episode. I'd love for you to get your free digital copy of it: HERE. One of the chapters in there is on planning ahead. So, don't miss that one. Here's a post I did that talks a bit about planning ahead for better mornings.
Don't miss the awesome-sauce 'Productivity Hack' tips sheet for moms. Get your copy and listen in to this episode to hear how to use them! @KristiClover #SimplyJoyfulPodcastClick To Tweet
Also Mentioned in this Episode:
- Simply Joyful Business! I've started a new section of my website that is devoted to encouraging budding entrepreneurs to build a business that brings them joy. I also mentioned about B-School — this program has literally changed my business life. Such a wonderful resource and a great investment. I would love to help you start your business journey and help you create a business that you love!
- I love doing #MomHacks and #DITL moments on Instagram! I'd love to have you follow me there.
- I referred back to my podcast episode with Mystie Winkler about “brain dumps.”
- I love to mention here that I also have a Weight Loss Coaching program! You can see more about my Optavia program HERE (I give away a free eBook on weight loss)
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Kristi…
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast! My prayer is always that you will be blessed and encouraged by each episode.
Blessings and joy,