Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
Episode #51 with Emily Ley
This Week's Encouraging Episode with Emily!
Amazing Tips to Help You Simplify Your Life
I love meeting moms who get it. As a mom of three young children and a thriving entrepreneur, Emily fully understands what overwhelmed can feel like. I had such a great time talking with Emily about her new book, Simplified Life. She highlights how she was able to “simplify” ten key areas of her life in order to increase her available time with her family — her first priority.
I really felt a kindred connection with Emily as we spoke. Just like Emily I’ve had those moments of feeling like I suddenly have way too much on my plate and feel suffocated by it all. Over the years, I’ve learned to take these feelings as signals to take a hard look at what I’ve allowed into our schedule.
Unburying yourself from the hustle and bustle of the mundane that can take over our days doesn’t have to be as hard as we make it. Emily’s book does such a beautiful job of helping families to “make the most” of their days with her tips.
I can’t wait for you to hear my fun conversation with Emily.
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
Highlights from the Show
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” (below) or share the images below on social media.
- Emily shares a little bit about her crazy life (she has a set of twin toddlers!), and why she is so passionate about the topic of simplifying.
- I was so curious to find out how Emily got her start! She’s been featured in Forbes, Better Homes and Garden, and HGTV — Wow! Would you believe it all started in her guest bedroom printing Stationary and listing it on Etsy?!
- Emily wrote her new book, Simplified Life, in (are you ready for this?) four days (FOUR!!) This book is so gorgeous. Emily shares how in the world she was about to write so fast.
- One thing that Emily is known for is simplifying. Emily shares some tips on creating margin in your life.
- Emily’s book breaks down ten key areas to simplify and one of the things was her calendar and scheduled. We are so overcommitted — Emily shares a couple of tips on how you don’t get to that point that you are overwhelmed and saying “no” to more things. Love her tip on how she gets out of her head and gets stuff done!
- Does anyone else have an overabundance digital photo/video storage problem? I have over 75,000 photos stored (I know, I know) I asked Emily her advice on organizing all these photos!
- Our listener question this week is: “What are her tips for using her planner consistently?” — see what Emily says! Love her answer.
When I’m going 90 miles an hour, I’m going 100 miles an hour in my head and it’s impossible to be present for anything. — Emily LeyClick To Tweet
Also Mentioned in this Episode:
- I referred back to my podcast episode from last week where I shared a ton of productivity hacks
- Registration for B-School is open!—this program has literally changed my business life. Such a wonderful resource and a great investment. I would love to help you start your business journey and help you create a business that you love! Click HERE for more information on B-School and how you can get started!
- Don't forget to grab your Simplified Planner HERE on May 2 when they are back in stock!
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Emily Ley…
Emily Ley is the creator of the Simplified Planner® – an agenda for what matters most. Raised in Pensacola, Florida, Emily graduated from the University of West Florida with degrees in English and Public Administration, then went on to become the Executive Director of the city ballet. From there, she worked in nonprofit management and public relations before launching her brand in 2008. Following the success found at its online home — EmilyLey.com, Emily Ley quickly grew to be carried in over 750 retail outlets across the United States and around the world. In late 2016, however, Emily’s team decided to simplify and get back to what they loved most: creating community around their online shop – decreasing their retail partners from 750 to 5. Emily has been featured in Forbes, Family Circle, Better Homes and Gardens, Glamour, Good Housekeeping, and HGTV.com. She has been recognized with numerous awards, including Best New Product at the National Stationery Show as well as Top 10 Designers to Watch by Stationery Trends Magazine. Emily is the author of Grace, Not perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Chasing Joy, and released A Simplified Life: Tactical Tools for Intentional Living, in November 2017. It appeared on USA Today and The Washington Post’s list of best-sellers. Now as an author, businesswoman, wife, and mama to three, Emily enjoys Friday pizza parties on the living room floor, searching for the world’s best queso with her husband, Bryan, and making memories to savor with her toddler twins (Caroline + Tyler) and first-grader (Brady).
Connect with Kristi…
Blessings and joy,