Welcome to the Simply Joyful Podcast
We are chatting about mentoring with Elisa Pulliam, author of Unblinded Faith! I was so encouraged by this amazing episode and know you will be too! Be sure to listen in and check out all the show notes below.
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
* So you don't miss an episode!
This Week's Encouraging Episode with Elisa!
Trusting in God's Goodness with Unblinded Faith
Sometimes it's hard to wrap our minds around just how good God is. We struggle with anxiety, depression, feelings of inadequacies, and more. It's easy to lose sight of how amazing God really is and just how trustworthy He is. Today, my wonderful guest, Lisa Pulliam, is going to be sharing about her new book, Unblinded Faith. It's a 90-day devotional intended to help women get into the Word and be encouraged to live out our faith without any blinders that the enemy might want us to keep on.
Beyond this, we also talk about Lisa's incredible ministry of mentoring. It's almost a lost art in this day and age. Most women crave the idea of having another woman pour into them and encourage them along life’s journey. Lisa has built a ministry based on biblical mentoring and helping woman to grow closer to the Lord. It was so neat learning more about how she has been building “intentional relationships rooted in the Word of God.” I loved that definition of mentoring.
And, yes, to address the elephant on the page–her name is Elisa, but she goes by Lisa. She'll tell her great story about her name change in the show, too.
I can't wait for you to listen in and be encouraged by all that Lisa has to share with us.
Quotes & Highlights from the Show!
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” (below) or share the images below on social media.
Are you ready to go deeper in your faith? You are going to be so encouraged by this episode with Elisa PulliamClick To Tweet
Fun Highlights from the Show
- Elisa Pulliam wears many hats — writer, life coach, mom, wife — she's amazing! She says that she’s just a woman on a journey trying to figure out who she is. She also has a set of twins. She says her twins were God's little surprise to their family. We also chat about why she prefers to go by Lisa. I just love her story. So precious!
- I enjoy prepping for the podcast and researching my guests a bit before they come on. I found out that Lisa has a heart for mentoring teen girls! So much of what she is doing now through her business and ministry has to do with this mentoring element. Mentoring is such a lost art. I asked Lisa to share a little about some of the beautiful things that she has been able to see through mentoring. She also shares about her mentoring course, Impact Mentoring for Women's Ministry, that helps you start a mentoring ministry. You can check that out on her website for free!
- One of the central elements of Biblical mentorship is getting women to encourage other women to deepen their relationship with the Lord and get into the Word. That's why I love that Lisa's newest book, Unblinded Faith, is a devotional. I asked Lisa what the inspiration behind Unblinded Faith was.
- We chat about how Lisa's devotional is set up — how she's taken verses that are hard, ones that you wouldn't necessarily want to put on a coffee mug, and break them down. She makes you dig into the Word. I love devotionals like that! I also talk about a fun story from my college days on why knowing Scripture is so important. Lisa explained where the title came from (rooted in the verse 2 Corinthians 4:4) — and the fact that the book wasn't originally Unblinded Faith. It's a pretty cool God story.
- I asked Lisa to share some tips on cultivating “unblinded faith.”
- Finding time to get in the Word is tough. I asked Lisa for tips on making time to get in the Word daily. She shares that she has actually been thinking a lot about this question as it's one that she gets asked regularly. She has lots of great advice! You aren't going to want to miss this section!
- While Lisa was working with a launch team on this book, they begged her to create a study guide for groups! Lisa explains a bit about how this intensive guide works and how you can use it with a group. It’s easy enough to either do face-to-face or online or via text message.
Also Mentioned in this Episode
- The amazing Skill Trek!! Be sure to check out more information on our wonderful sponsor for Season 5! Skill Trek helps prepare kids and young adults for life with real skills. They have a comprehensive library of over 500 life skills and counting! You can get 15% off an annual membership with the coupon code: CLOVER15 (coupon expires June 30th).
- This week PrepDish is back! PrepDish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service! Y’all know how I love meal planning, and they will do it all for you! Not only will they send you a grocery list, but they will also send you prep-ahead instructions so your meals are set and ready for the week! Be sure to jump over to PrepDish and start your subscription! For being a Simply Joyful Podcast listener, you can get a free two-week PrepDish trial! Just head over to KristiClover.com/prepdish!
- The Simply Joyful Membership Site!! Don't miss all the fun things that are going on on the membership site! We are upping our game!
- I love disciplining my kids! There are so many great family Bible studies out there too! I wrote a blog post a few years back sharing some of my favorites. You can find that HERE. I also linked to some of my favorite family Bibles below!
A Few Other Things to Note
- My “Favorite Things” Page!! I have finally put everything in one spot for you! All my favorite books and products! I hope you'll check it out at KristiClover.com/FavoriteThings
- Join our Facebook Community, too! Visit with other Simply Joyful fans + weigh in on questions for our guests! Your question might just be used in the podcast.
- Are you needing help getting healthy for summer? I didn’t mention in this episode, but I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! I’m a health coach with them. If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
…& don't forget to grab yourself a mug!
Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, you will love this adorable Simply Joyful Mug! The back is equally inspiring with Nehemiah 8:10 written out. When you get your Simply Joyful Podcast mug, be sure to take a picture of it and use #SimplyJoyfulPodcast or #SimplyJoyfulMug. I'd love to see them!
Check them out HERE!
Help Get the Word Out…
My prayer is that this podcast would be a blessing to all who hear it. If you enjoy this podcast, it would be such a blessing to have you “Subscribe” to this podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave me a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank in iTunes and be more “visible” for people searching for new podcasts to listen to. If you wanted to share this episode with friends or on social media, I've created several great images that are share-worthy. Thanks!
How to Listen to The Simply Joyful Podcast!
If you are new to the concept of listening to podcasts, then “Wow!” are you in for a treat. It's kind of like an OnDemand radio station. They are so easy to listen to when you are on the go running errands or shuttling kids or just getting projects done around the house. My favorite time to listen to my favorite podcasts is while I'm out for a walk or folding laundry.
1) Subscribe to the Podcast! You won't miss an episode when you subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. You can always access the podcast from either of these venues by searching for “Simply Joyful Podcast.”
2) Listen on your Phone! This is my preferred method of listening. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), then you can listen on Apple's purple podcast app that comes on your device. If you have a non-iDevice, then Stitcher Radio is great to use. You can easily search for podcasts, subscribe, and — my favorite part — speed up the audio.
3) Listen right here on my Website! Super simple! All you have to do is just click on the play button on the podcast player located at the top of this post.
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Connect with Elisa Pulliam…
Elisa Pulliam is passionate about inspiring this generation of women to experience a fresh encounter with God for the sake of impacting the next generation.
In spite of not growing up in a Christian home, and spending many years in rebellion, Lisa (which is what she prefers to be called and there’s a story about that) came to know Jesus Christ as her personal Savior in the fall of 1993. Ever since the Lord has been in the process of transforming her from the outside in and inside out. It’s this first-hand encounter with God that motivates her to inspire women to pursue God personally and join Him in work in their lives.
Soon after launching More to Be, however, Elisa discovered that there was an equally important need to reach women stuck in a rut of poor habits and unhealthy thinking, and began shining the ministry focus towards women seeking spiritual growth and life transformation. She became a certified life coach and later joined Life Breakthrough Academy as a life coach trainer, having no idea at the time that God would use this experience in the writing of Meet the New You: A 21-Day Plan for Embracing Fresh Attitudes and Focused Habits for Real Life Change.
Elisa believes each moment of each day belongs to the Lord and strives to be emotionally present and eternally purpose, especially with her husband of 22 years, Stephen, and her four tween through college-age children.
Here's a sweet picture of Elisa's sweet family!
Connect with Kristi…
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast! My prayer is always that you will be blessed and encouraged by each episode.
Blessings and joy,