Regardless of where you are at in your parenting journey, this is an amazing episode for you to listen in on (maybe take some notes). It has been such a joy to get to know Connie Albers over the years. She has been a great friend and a great mentor. What is beautiful about her new book, Parenting Beyond the Rules, is that she can be your mentor too! My copy of her book is such a mess. There is so much that I've stared and underlined. This is a book that I travel with — I have taken it literally everywhere.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Connie! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- A little about Connie and how one of her passions is helping parents navigate social media to keep their kids safe.
- Connie's new book, Parenting Beyond the Rules
- Putting your kids (husband, family) first
- Tips on connecting with your teens and building a relationship with them
- Family teams and family meetings
- Handling when a teen is feeling like the younger team members aren't pulling their weight.
- Family with a team mindset
- The meaning behind the paintbrushes on the cover of the book
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Parenting Beyond the Rules
- MOM: Master Organizer of Mayhem (get the pre-order bonuses HERE!)
- Summer Reading Giveaway
Be Sure to Connect with Connie Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Join me for LIVE guest interviews!: I've moved my podcast interviews to Facebook Live! Be sure to “Like” my FB page and click to “get notifications” so you never miss an interview–and a chance to ask your favorite authors questions!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.