Music for the Whole Family
Today on the Simply Joyful Podcast we welcome back one of my favorites, JJ Heller! Today we're going to chat about JJ's newest album, I Dream of You: Volume II. It's a twelve track compilation of her favorite cover songs from the 1950s through today. It is such an amazing album. In fact, since recording this episode, my girls have fallen in love with this album. They listen to it over and over. They dance to it, sing to it. They just love it. There is just something so unique about JJ's voice — and yes, I did talk her into singing on this episode! You are in for a treat.
I know that you're going to love this episode with JJ! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- JJ has been making music with her husband for the past 15 years, and just recently she's fallen in love with writing lullabies.
- The story behind JJ's I Dream of You lullaby projects.
- How JJ chose the songs for Volume Two.
- Why children's music needs to not be an afterthought.
- JJ's writing, producing, and release a song a month.
- What made JJ decide to start releasing her music via streaming instead of the traditional CD.
- Reader questions and comments
- JJ sings Your Hands
- JJ talks about her Mother's Day song release
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
Be Sure to Connect with JJ Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Join me for LIVE guest interviews!: I've moved my podcast interviews to Facebook Live! Be sure to “Like” my FB page and click to “get notifications” so you never miss an interview–and a chance to ask your favorite authors questions!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.