Family Devotions with Louie Giglio
I wanted to kick this year off with a bang, so not only did we release two episodes today, but I’m chatting with none other than Louie Giglio about family devotions and the importance of giving our kids a sense of “awe” of God. I wanted to start the year off with this episode so that you can arm yourself with some great tools, such as Louie’s new book How Great Is Our God: 100 Indescribable Devotions about God and Science.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Louie! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Passion Conference 2020 — 65,000 18-25-year-olds will gather in Atlanta for this conference Louie has been a part of for 23 years!
- Louie has a new children’s devotional, How Great is Our God! You guys, I was geeking out over this devotional! I love how Louie brings in science to show how awesome our Creator is!
- Why Louie made the shift from writing for adults to writing for children.
- Louie shares some tips on how to use How Great is Our God
- Have you ever heard of Laminin? Louie shares a little about this amazing molecule and talks and little about science and faith.
- Louie and I exchanged college stories — I attended Pepperdine and Louie attended Georgia State
- We chat about how science is really just God wow-ing us.
- Did you know Butterflies smell with their feet? What about the Goldilocks Zone? Louie talks about his favorite parts of the books.
- I asked Louie for tips for sharing how we can help our older children have those “ah-ha” moments with God, and to take the faith we’ve had as a family and make it their own?
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Be sure to listen to our kick-off — SJP Episode #078
- Would you rather watch these interviews on YouTube? You now can!
- Follow along on my health journey with Simply Joyful Health
- These are some of my favorite Family Devotions for Boys
- Here's How to Teach Your Kids About God Using Science and History
- Looking for good parenting books? Here are some of my favorites: Practical Happiness | Bob Schultz, Boyhood and Beyond | Bob Schultz, Everyday Battles | Bob Schultz, Created for Work | Bob Schultz, Make Your Bed | William H. McRaven, Love Does | Bob Goff
- Passion Conference
- How cute is Louie's London_Doodle Instagram account for the family pet?
- Be sure to grab a copy of Louie's How Great is Our God
- Louie’s talk Indescribable
- Louie’s talk How Great is Our God
- Check out my new book, M.O.M.=Master Organizer of Mayhem! It's the perfect book to kick off your new year!
Be Sure to Connect with Louie Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.