Hospitality, Ministry, and How the Two Blend with Kelly Minter
This has been the longest Simply Joyful Podcast season ever! I don't know if you were aware, but seasons seven and eight of the podcast have been releasing simultaneously. I have moved the Simply Joyful Podcast to YouTube. There are lots of new episodes over on YouTube that are not here on the audio podcast platform. My heart is to one day be able to move the audio from those interviews over to the podcast, but quite frankly, I'm one of the many businesses that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
A personal moment here, I've been floating the podcast since January. We were working on getting sponsors on board and then the pandemic hit. I made the hard decision to move the podcast over to YouTube. I'd love your help to keep the audio version of the podcast going. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Support the podcast on Patreon: I've set up a membership site on Patreon—even just $1 or $2 a month could go a long way.
- Be sure to subscribe to the podcast and leave a rating and review! Sponsors look at the ratings and reviews and reward those shows that are doing well. I'm on iTunes Podcast, Stitcher, Spotify, and GooglePlay.Please take a moment to subscribe, rate, and leave a positive review on those platforms.
- Download 5 episodes of any episode that looks interesting to you! The algorithms love this and it will go a long way to help the podcast with sponsors! Thank you. Thank you.
With the break over the summer, be sure we're connecting on social media and by email. If you haven't already, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter. When you subscribe, you'll get a copy of my newly updated e-book, Sanity Savers for Moms! Also, when you sign up for my newsletter, you'll be the first to know when I release my three brand new courses this summer!…
YES! NEW COURSES COMING THIS SUMMER!
The first one is called How to Feed Your People — it's all my tips and tricks on meal planning and so much more than that! I can't wait to get it out to you! For those of you who are interacting on camera whether, for business or family, I have a course coming out called Confidence on Camera. And I also have a course coming out on Laundry Organization—can I get an amen!
And now … the real reason you came! Ha! I know you are just going to love this episode with Kelly!
I am so ready to host! I'm ready to get my cookbooks out and cook for a get-together! Can I get an amen? This quarantine still isn't quite over here in California, but it's getting close. We are seeing some stores start to reopen and some churches starting to gather again. This episode with Kelly Minter is so powerful because Kelly has such a heart for not just feeding people, but for real hospitality. If you haven't already picked up a copy of Kelly's new cookbook, A Place at the Table, I would really encourage you to do so. It has quickly become one of our favorites. Not only are their amazing recipes, but it's filled with stories on hospitality!
Kelly is really passionate about teaching the Bible. She sings, she writes, she speaks, and she's also known for incorporating recipes into her writing. So she wrote a cookbook! A Place at the Table is all about getting people to come together. It is very hospitality minded — it's so neat!
I know that you're going to love this episode with Kelly! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Kelly is so much more than a cookbook author. She's a writer of Bible studies and a speaker as well! She also hosts the event Cultivate for women bringing community, Bible, and worship together.
- At the time of this interview, Kelly was about to head to the Amazon with Justice and Mercy International — we chat a little about her involvement in this amazing organization.
- Kelly is known for her Bible studies, but I really wanted to chat about her cookbook! I asked Kelly how she went from Bible studies to events and now a cookbook!
- There is power in food (I know, I know, it sounds crazy) It's something we physically need, but it's a moment of tenderness too. We talk about why there are recipes incorporated in Kelly's Bible studies and why it's important.
- I'm all about hosting and food (I mean, I have a course coming out called Feed Your People), but I asked Kelly how to include the act of hospitality even in the small little get-togethers (such as maybe the one you were not expecting) and make it more of a habit.
- There are so many amazing recipes in Kelly's book. I asked her which one she included was the most special.
- I loved all the stories that are in this cookbook. I asked Kelly to share a couple that are included in the book — one in particular about fishes and a gathering gave me chills!
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- I chatted in my intro to my intro about the amazing event our church hosted at the beginning of the year called Awaken — you can find out a little more about that event here.
- I have been praying and meditating on the scripture Psalm 139 — I want the Father to search and know me! We are called to listen to the Lord's voice!
- If you are looking for ways to help a small business out during this crazy pandemic time, I want to encourage you to read my blog post — 7 Ways to Help a Small Business
Be Sure to Connect with Kelly Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.