Creating a Welcoming Home for Each Season with Myquillyn Smith
Home is such an integral part of family life. It's easy to get overwhelmed by the thought of trying to create a beautiful home for family and friends to gather. We have so many images in our heads and before our eyes telling us how our homes “should” look. But there is a better way to create a welcoming home environment, a much simpler way, and I have none other than Myquillyn Smith on the show today to tell us how to do just that. You are going to LOVE this episode with Myquillyn. Yep, you read that correctly, My-quil-lyn. Say it fast and you'll have it down. She makes it really easy for you since she's best known as The Nester on social media.
Myquillyn has been creating beauty in her home by using a minimalistic approach with a twist. Her advice is all about embracing an “imperfectionist mindset” and adding elements to your home decor that will engage the senses and create a cozy space. Her new book, Welcome Home, is fabulous and talks about how to not only decorate for the seasons, but also how to host. I love the topic of hospitality, so you'll hear Myquillyn and me chat a lot about her great advice on how to take the overwhelm out of opening your door. Seriously, this might just be one of your favorite episodes to watch…or listen to!
**OPEN NOW! Myquillyn has a wonderful community group that she only opens registration for a few times each year. Her Cozy Minimalist Community is not to be missed. Go check it out right away before registration closes!! **
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Enter my giveaway! https://kristiclover.com/giveaway
- Check out my Holiday Meal Planning Made Easy Course
- A Slob Comes Clean podcast episode with Myquillyn: (link coming soon)
- Dana White's episode on the Simply Joyful Podcast
- My interview on Dana's podcast, A Slob Comes Clean
MY FAVORITE BOOKS ON HOME:
- M.O.M.=Master Organizer of Mayhem by ME! (Kristi Clover)
- Home Body by Joanna Gaines
- Welcome Home by Myquillyn Smith
- Cozy Minimalist Home by Myquillyn Smith
- How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind by Dana K. White
- Decluttering at the Speed of Life by Dana K. White
- The Turquoise Table by Kristin Schell
- Just Open the Door by Jen Schmidt
- A Life-Giving Home by Sally Clarkson
- Dream Home by Drew and Jonathan Scott
- Hospitality Personality by Morgan Tyree
- Awakening Wonder by Sally Clarkson
DON'T MISS ALL THE SEASON 8 EPISODES THAT ARE EXCLUSIVELY ON YOUTUBE!
Have you been able to check out all the fun Season 8 episodes over on my YouTube channel? I’ve had Brain Dixon (author of Start with Your People), Jessica Carey (author of Chart a Course), Jennifer Fulwiler (author of Your Blue Flame) — probably the funniest interview I’ve ever done, Kathi Lipp (a second interview about her newest book, Ready for Anything), Angela Braniff of This Gathered Nest on YouTube (her new book, Love Without Borders), Lisa Bevere (her new devotional, Strong), Amy Klien (co-founder of Give Her Courage), my friend Jennifer Pepito (talking about how to homeschool peacefully), and Shaunti Feldhahn (Thriving in Love and Money). Each interview is so great! So, be sure to head over there and check them out.
READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
The holidays are upon us! It's time to start thinking about our holiday plans. I love that I got to chat with Myquillyn about how she prepares for the holidays. Her book really is so good and filled with such wonderful advice. However, she'll be the first to tell you it's not a meal planning book. She does have one exceptional tip for hosting when it comes to serving food: only make 2 things from scratch! Buy everything else from a store or have others bring something to share. I whole-heartedly agree. However, large family meals at the holidays sometimes requires a bit more planning. That's why I designed my Holiday Meal Planning Made Easy course! I want to help you plan and prep your holiday meal headache-free! This course also includes great tips for when you host family or friends for an extended stay and need to meal plan for more than one meal. You're going to love it! Check it out today!
Okay, on with the show. I know that you're going to love this episode with Myquillyn! Get ready to be encouraged…either listening in or watching!
HELP SUPPORT THE SIMPLY JOYFUL PODCAST:
- Support the podcast on Patreon: I've set up a membership site on Patreon—even just $1 or $2 a month could go a long way.
- Be sure to subscribe to the podcast and leave a rating and review! Sponsors look at the ratings and reviews and reward those shows that are doing well. I'm on iTunes Podcast, Stitcher, Spotify, and GooglePlay.Please take a moment to subscribe, rate, and leave a positive review on those platforms.
- Download 5 episodes of any episode that looks interesting to you! The algorithms love this and it will go a long way to help the podcast with sponsors! Thank you. Thank you.
With the break over the summer, be sure we're connecting on social media and by email. If you haven't already, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter. When you subscribe, you'll get a copy of my newly updated e-book, Sanity Savers for Moms!
BE SURE TO CONNECT WITH MYQUILLYN ONLINE:
CONNECT WITH ME, TOO!:
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.