Bringing Bible Adventures to Children's Books
Mike didn't set out to be an author. It wasn't until his nine-year-old son encouraged him to “write a book” for him to use for a book report that Mike toyed with the idea of writing. That was the inspiration that set everything in motion and The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls was brought to life. If you have not discovered The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls yet, you are missing out! This is one of our family's favorite series of books. What is so fun is that Mike weaves adventure and Bible teaching together—think Magic Tree House books but from a Biblical perspective. It's often hard to find books for our kids to read—especially our young readers. There are so many great books that do incorporate Biblical teaching or have it hidden within the story, but what I love is this book series takes you through the Bible.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Mike! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- How Mike came up with the idea for The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls series
- How many books will be in the series
- What's next after The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls series
- How Mike didn't always want to be a writer, and how he fell into the writing life
- How to balance family life with traveling, work, and writing
- Mike's (and Kristi's) favorite family books (see below)
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls series
- Chronicles of Narnia
- Imagination Station Special Pack: Books 1-6
- Kari Jobe
- Jesus Storybook Bible
- The Child's Story Bible
- COMING JUNE 6th!!! The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls: The Lion's Roar, Book 6
Be Sure to Connect with Mike Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Join me for LIVE guest interviews!: I've moved my podcast interviews to Facebook Live! Be sure to “Like” my FB page and click to “get notifications” so you never miss an interview–and a chance to ask your favorite authors questions!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.