How to Experience a Poured-Out Marriage
Shortly after Jonathan and Wynter Pitts celebrated fifteen years of marriage and in the midst a move from the Dallas area to Nashville, TN, Wynter's heart failed. She left Jonathan and their four daughters bewildered and heartbroken, but also hopeful.
In this episode, Jonathan will share about the last book he and Wynter wrote together, Emptied: Experiencing the Fullness of a Poured-Out Marriage. Even though we do talk about marriage in this episode, you will be encouraged whether or not you are married. Yes, we talk about marriage, but we're also going to be talking about suffering and how God does move and how he brings joy even in the midst of that suffering.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Jonathan! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- The heartbreaking story of losing Wynter
- The Pitts' life after Wynter
- Emptied and the beauty of marriage
- Melding a marriage when you come from two very different backgrounds
- Resources for families that have girls
- What it looks like to allow God to fill you with His fruits
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Jonathan and Wynter's 15 year anniversary
- I Am Yours
- Great are You Lord
- Philippians 2:7
- For Girls Like You Ministry
- For Girls Like You Magazine (listeners can use coupon code: savefast for $10 off!)
- Hebrews 12:2
- Galatians 5:22-23
- 1 John 3:18
Be Sure to Connect with Jonathan Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Join me for LIVE guest interviews!: I've moved my podcast interviews to Facebook Live! Be sure to “Like” my FB page and click to “get notifications” so you never miss an interview–and a chance to ask your favorite authors questions!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.