Time Management Hacks with Morgan Tyree
I am excited for today’s episode on organization because you know my passion is helping people get organized. I wasn’t always a master organizer – read about my journey if my book Master Organizer of Mayhem. Which is why taking a whole month to discuss organization is so special to me! I get to talk with some experts and share what I have learned through the years of parenting and trying to get organized — because it’s a whole other ball game when you have kids aka people who move things, as I refer to them in the book.
Today we’re going to take a look at a very important piece of the organizing puzzle and that is time management. Time management is really the key to getting organized in so many ways! If we’re not making time to get organized, it’s not going to happen.
Today I have my dear friend, Morgan Tyree, with us to discuss time management hacks outlined in her new book, Take Back Your Time. We’re going to hear about how she categorizes time management because her way is VERY unique and effective! She is a professional organizer and calls herself a chaos calmer (which I think is just beautiful). Check out her blog, morganizewithme.com to learn more about her!
I know that you're going to love this episode with Morgan! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Morgan shares about inspired her book, Take Back Your Time, and how time management isn’t a one-kind-fits-all formula.
- Why we need to be aware of our own strengths and weaknesses. I ask Morgan to share how knowing ourselves fits into time management.
- I love Morgan’s cover — and how the three colors on the cover actually have a purpose within her methods for time management! She tells us all about it (it’s brilliant!)
- Anyone else struggle with finding uninterrupted time?? I ask Morgan to explain how I (and others in my same season) can find pockets of time where we aren’t distracted.
- It is so important to understand our “whys” and it all boils down to our choices. Morgan unpacks that truth bomb that will help us make better choices that align with our why.
- In today’s age, screen time is such a big issue. Morgan shares some tips on how we can better manage screen time, so we make sure we’re prioritizing the correct things (people) in our lives.
- Morgan shares simple tips on how to get started with managing your time.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- I love to listen to audiobooks and Audible makes it so easy! Sign up today to get a free audiobook!
- Be sure to grab a copy of Morgan’s book Take Back Your Time
Be Sure to Connect with Morgan Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.