Teaching Your Kids How To Organize with Ashlyn Clover
Today on the Simply Joyful Podcast I have a very special guest — my daughter Ashlyn! Ashlyn is helping me this week on our topic of teaching your kids how to organize! I sat down to write notes about this episode, I had the brilliant idea of having Ashlyn on! While she is still learning, she is doing an amazing job getting organized! Today we’re going to share all the tips and tricks on helping your kids get organized too!
Don't miss out on this deal for M.O.M. — my new book! You can grab a copy on Kindle for only $1.99 for only one more day!! Grab one for yourself or a friend!
I know that you're going to love this episode with Ashlyn! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Ashlyn shares a little about her journey to organization — plus she gives her best organizing advice.
- We share what happens when you have too much stuff — and how to clean an area and decide what to keep and what to donate or throw away.
- It’s great to declutter, but another great thing to keep in mind is to make sure kids know where their stuff belongs. I asked Ashlyn to share how she remembers where her stuff goes.
- Ashlyn and I chat about the toy rules in our house and they help keep everything organized. We also chat about the importance of having the correct tools for successful tidying up!
- One of the things Ashlyn does is her own laundry (yes, at eight!) Ashlyn gives tips on how she does her laundry.
- We chat about how mom (me) goes a little crazy with the refrigerator cleaning.
- As we wrap up, Ashlyn shares last-minute tips on organization for kids!
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- One thing that we love in our house is the Flip, Fold. It makes it easier for smaller hands to help with laundry! We have both adult and junior sizes!
- Having the right tools for the right jobs — and making sure your kids know where they are — helps the cleaning and organization processes go a lot faster! Here are some of my favorite tools.
Connect with Me Online!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.