Marriage Talk with Steve Clover
This week we have a very special show because this is the first time I’ve ever had my husband, Steve Clover, on the podcast! I cannot wait for you to listen in and hear our story — we chat about how we met, and we actually get really intimate and share about some of our struggles over the last twenty-two years of marriage. I know that the message out there is “and they lived happily ever after,” but the truth is, marriage is hard! So I really hope you’ll be encouraged by this episode.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Steve! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Steve starts out the show by sharing his height, weight, and shoe size — not exactly what I had in mind when I asked him to share about himself! He also shares something that we have not yet announced publicly!
- I’m known to call my husband, my human calculator — he’s really good at math! Steve explains why I call him that and what his job has been for the past twenty-two years.
- Steve and I share our love story. I call him my high school crush — we didn’t actually start dating until after college.
- I knew pretty early on that Steve was “the one.” Steve shares when he knew I was “the one.”
- We waited a little bit after marriage before starting a family. We unpack a little about what went into that decision. After we started a family, there’s a stretch of time that I refer to as the “dark days” and that had a lot of stress on our relationship. We chat a little about that.
- One of the big arguments in our marriage ended up being how many kids to have. I remember praying for God to change Steve’s heart or my heart on this topic, and it actually was a pretty big event that ended up changing our minds!
- Last week I was able to chat with Gary Thomas about his book Sacred Marriage — it had such a big impact on me and my striving toward being a 1 Corinthians 13 wife.
- Our marriage would not be where it is today if we did not fight for our marriage. We share a few of the many tools that we used to make sure we clung to our commitment.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- I love having my family on the podcast! Did you catch my episode with my daughter Ashlyn? It’s so cute! You really don’t want to miss that episode!
- Sacred Marriage had such a big impact on me—it’s such a powerful book (and if you missed it, we got to chat about it on last week’s episode!)
- If you are wanting to speak to a marriage counselor, but don't know who to call, Focus on the Family has a wonderful resource of Christian counselors in your area!
Connect with Gary Online!
Connect with Me Online!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.