Raising Strong Daughters with Laura Smith
Today we have Laura Smith on the podcast. This was a really fun episode because it kind of went in all kinds of directions, and the advice Laura gave just floored me. It truly impacted me. I can’t wait for you to listen in. Laura Smith is an author and one of the books I brought her on to talk about is her 5-Minute Devotional for Girls. I get lots of requests about talking about parenting girls, and I wanted to have Laura on to talk about raising strong daughters. We talk a little bit about her upcoming book, How Sweet the Sound, that is all about hymns. I also open up and get real about a past eating disorder and her perspective was so good. I can not wait for you to listen in and hear from this mentor mom who has amazing and sound advice.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Laura! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Laura has written about a lot of different topics, I asked her what her favorite theme that she’s written on and why.
- We talk about the pressures of “how to look”. I share a little about my competition days and my eating disorder that happened during that time. I asked Laura how we as parents counteract the negativity that our children may be bombarded with, and instead ingrain in their thoughts that they are perfect the way they have been made.
- So there are times that I myself am not comfortable in my own skin. I asked Laura for advice on how we model “being perfect the way we’ve been made” for our children.
- We talk about the importance of making sure we take care of our bodies.
- Social Media. Oh, this is a big topic in today’s age. I asked Laura to share how we as parents can set healthy boundaries and how can we help protect them from the perfection we see on social media.
- I love that Laura has written a devotional just for girls, and 5-Minute Devotional is so sweet. I ask Laura for some tips on raising strong daughters, other than getting into the Word.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- We chatted about a lot of Laura’s books. Be sure to check them out HERE.
Connect with Laura Online!
Connect with Me Online!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.