Loving Well with Lauren Casper
Today on the podcast, we have my new friend Lauren Casper. She is the author of new book, Loving Well in a Broken World: Discover the Hidden Power of Empathy. Lauren isn’t only a writer, she is also a speaker and an advocate and has written essays on vulnerability is a story style. Her works have appeared in the Huffington Post and also on the Today Show. Just a quick note there are some powerful things in this episode. I actually asked Lauren to give her story because it is an amazing story. Her family story is beautiful. I love how her story shows how God works in little moments. I cannot wait for you to listen in to my conversation with Lauren.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Lauren! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Lauren Casper has been writing online for over ten years! Loving Well in a Broken World is actually her second book.
- Lauren has an amazing family story. I just love it. I asked Lauren to share her family story before we jumped into chatting about her book.
- Loving Well in a Broken World is such a powerful book. We are living in a world where there is so much indifference and just … anger. I love that at the heart of this book is about learning to love with empathy. I asked Lauren to share briefly her beautiful story about the day she basically had empathy thrown at her.
- We are called to be empathic and to love well, if we get it or if we don’t, and that is so hard. I love how Lauren addresses this in her book! I loved it so much, I had to find the chapter and read the snippet from it.
- Lauren gives practical advice on when to take action, even when it feels awkward.
- Have you ever heard of Foot and Mouth Disease — not the stuff your kids bring home, but the open mouth, insert foot kind. I am so good at that! Lauren and I chat about some practical things you can do when you do, maybe open mouth and insert foot.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- I loved Loving Well in a Broken World. I'm really excited to read Lauren's first book, It's Okay About It.
- I love making lists. I have a list for just about everything over on Amazon! You can find all my lists here.
Connect with Lauren Online!
Connect with Me Online!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.