Simplify Your Health + Wellness with Megan Dahlman
Today we have my new friend Megan Dahlman on the show. She is the mastermind behind Strong-Mommas.com. I say mastermind because this woman is the master of fitness and nutrition. She is a mom, and she gets it. That's what I love about her. Megan knows what a post-partum body feels like. She knows what it's like to have screaming children needing your attention in the middle of trying to work out. She also knows what it's like to hide in the closet and eat chocolate—that endeared me to her right there. Megan does a lot of fitness coaching, and she even has a website dedicated to telling women how to get healthy and simple ways for moms to get fit. One thing to know about Megan is that she's not a model or an athlete, in fact, she'll tell you that she's really mediocre in all those areas. She does know so much about health, fitness, nutrition, and about being a mom. She worked in the fitness industry for over a decade and after getting fed up, she started her own company, Strong Mommas.
I do want to note, I'm putting a little bit of parental guidance on this episode. I know we've talked about my eating disorder in the past, but we go into a little more detail in this episode. If you're a mom, I'd love for you to listen to this episode before passing it along to your daughters (or sons). I just wanted to be careful about this topic of conversation.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Megan! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Megan shares a little bit of what her business, Strong Mommas, is all about, and how her young boys live it with her. We chat a little bit about kids and fitness — I love how kids can just about make any object something to “work out” with.
- I feel like there are three camps of “health” as a mom. I go into a little detail in the episode on what I think those three camps are, but I asked Megan for ways that we can be persuing health. What are some of the mental challenges that women have to get over?
- It's so interesting how so many of the simple tips that Megan gives about health and fitness are the same ones I give for home organization! Megan and I chat about how when we slow down so many strategies across the board are so, so similar.
- I know that I've mentioned my eating disorder here before, but I share a little more background and dive in deeper with Megan. Even though it happened years ago, it still likes to rear its head. Megan and I chatted a little before the show, and she told me I had Anorexia Athletica. It blew my mind because I had never heard of this before (but she was so right!)
- Healthy fats … we got to have them! Megan and I chat about all the food.
- We have to fix the way we think about food. It's a mental game. I asked Megan to share how we can get over our negative thinking about food and exercise.
- One thing Megan is so good at is practicality. She shares some tips on how we can be practical with health and nutrition. (She gives some great work out ideas if you're struggling with what to do in the time you have to do it!)
- Are you a mama who wants to work out, but just doesn't know what to do? I love Megan's program, Strong Mommas! She shares how it works all from the ease of your own home!
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- I probably butchered it in the episode because I was trying to quote it off the top of my head (and the Bible app on my phone wasn't cooperating), but I love Proverbs 31:17 when it talks about arms being strong for the task.
- I first shared about my eating disorder on my episode with Laura Smith. It's a great episode if you haven't had a chance to listen, you should!
- I am excited about Isagenix and everything it has done for my family! If you want to know more about Isagenix and why I'm so excited, head over to KristiClover.com/weightloss and not only will I send you information on Isagenix, but I'll also send you my new freebie Weight Loss Tips for Busy Moms!
- Megan is so amazing. She put together a FREE download just for Simply Joyful listeners! You can get that download by going to https://www.strong-mommas.com/simplyjoyful.html.
Connect with Megan Online!
Connect with Me Online!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.