Fear is Not the Boss of You with Jennifer Allwood
Today on the show I have my new friend, Jennifer Allwood, author of the book Fear is Not the Boss of You. This could not have come at a better time. I can't wait for you to listen in because everything that we talked about is so applicable for this time. There's a lot of fear going on, a lot of unknown. Fear is Not the Boss of You is going to be such an encouragement to you. This conversation will hopefully strike a cord in helping to remind you not to let fear overcome you. Rest in the fact that God Almighty has got you in His hand, and we can be overcomers in this time.
For those of you who are not familiar with Jennifer, she is amazing. She is a powerhouse! She has an amazing podcast, The Jennifer Allwood Show. She is best known for being a cheerleader for women and adds Biblical truth to the modern-day dream big mantra. She also does business coaching — a big part of her story is how she went from a creative to her business coaching. It's an amazing story and I can't wait for you to hear it!
I know that you're going to love this episode with Jennifer! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Jennifer opens by sharing a little bit about herself — she and her husband are finalizing an adoption, and her husband is also the CEO of her company! She also shares a little about her business coaching and how it works!
- In addition to coaching every month, Jennifer also has a podcast that encourages and teaches women how to live in freedom in both life and business life. Last summer she wrote Fear is Not the Boss of You and it just released THIS WEEK!
- Jennifer shares how she is a huge introvert and never planned on coaching (she actually owned a decorative painting company for twenty years!). It's something she fell into — and I love how when we think we know the plan and God's like, nope, look what I have for you over here!
- Jennifer shares how she didn't go with her gut when trying to decide what degree to get. She was stopped by logic. So many times when making decisions, we get stopped by logic … or fear. I love how her book touches on that! I asked Jennifer to share why she wanted to write this book and why she decided to make this her first book.
- We compare writing stories. We're both spatial people — meaning, we have to see how something works spatially. I literally will print something out and copy and paste things until they look right. Jennifer … well you're just going to have to listen to the fun story (she ended up writing Fear is Not the Boss of You in six days!)
- Jennifer is so passionate about helping moms get unstuck. I asked Jennifer to share some practical tips to help listeners get un-stuck.
- In Fear is Not the Boss of You, Jennifer speaks pretty strongly to moms. She dives a little bit into why she talks so strongly to moms in the book.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Jennifer had some appearances on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition!
- My kids saw the cover of Jennifer's book and thought she was Tori Kelly from the movie Sing!
- Feeling exhausted and overwhelmed? You should pick up a copy of M.O.M.—Master Organizer of Mayhem.
Connect with Jennifer Online!
Connect with Me Online!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.