Clutter-Free Home with Kathi Lipp
Today I'm extra excited to have my friend Kathi Lipp on the show. Oh my goodness I have so enjoyed getting to know Kathi — not only are we in the same niche, but I feel like we have the same love language. We both know what it feels like to live in clutter and to dig ourselves out of clutter. I love talking to Kathi, and love that we both come at clutter differently. Kathi has a brand new book out called The Clutter-Free Home. We chat all about her book and her Facebook group The Clutter-Free Academy (a FREE group … you should join!) I love how she shares about the Bible perspective of clutter, and what the Word has to say about that. You are going to be so blessed by this episode.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Kathi! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Kathi has written over twenty books! Even though her kids are grown, she still knows what it's like to live with legos underfoot.
- I had the opportunity to meet Kathi Lipp in Orlando while we were at MomCon. While there, I was able to sit through one of her sessions and of course took so many notes. One story she told was the outcome of what I'm constantly telling my kids. I asked Kathi to share the story and unpack it a bit more.
- “Clutter is not a surprise to Jesus in the year 2020.” Kathi speaks truth.
- Kathi shares about going from living with a hoarder to a person who says “let's do this” when it's time to move at a moment's notice.
- Kathi has a call to action for all listeners. “Find what brings you joy.”
- Kathi shares tips for getting your house clutter-free without losing your mind.
- The Clutter-Free Home isn't actually the first book Kathi has written on organization! She talks a little more about the other books she has written.
- We joke about why Kathi needs to be called “Mama Kathi”
- I ask Kathi to share what the first area in your home that you need to start de-cluttering if you're just starting out.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Even though this episode is about Kathi's book The Clutter-Free Home, I highly recommend Kathi's brand new book, Ready for Anything. In fact, if you'd like to watch a fun interview I had with Kathi last month, it's up on KristiClover.TV!
- If you enjoyed Kathi and my conversations, don't miss my episode on her podcast!
- Not only does Kathi have the books, Facebook group, and is a master organizer, she and her husband also host writing retreats in The Red House!
- Kathi shared a book she is currently reading — Prairie Fires … about the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder. It sounds fascinating!
Connect with Kathi Online!
Connect with Me Online!
Check out more great interviews and episodes on the Simply Joyful Podcast:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen in to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.